Visas and Immigration

Our dedicated Cardiff and Vale College International team can help you with your visas and immigration processes

Student Visa

As an international student coming to the UK you will probably be required to apply for a student visa, as part of the application process, the CAVC International team can advise you on the most suitable visa for your chosen programme of study.

International students coming to the UK for over 6 months to study full-time must apply for a student visa, the criteria are set by UK Visas and Immigration (UKVI).

A Visitor Visa can be a useful option for coming to the UK to study a full-time or part-time course lasting no more than six months.

If you want to study an English language programme that lasts longer than six months you can apply for a short term study visa to remain in the UK for up to 11 months.

For detailed information on student visas and immigration, please visit the website for the UK Council for International Student Affairs at

If you have any queries regarding student visas, you can also contact the CAVC International team for clarification via email at

Need to know

CAVC International

Apply Online

Find out more about the application process
Eclipse Student Accommodation Cardiff


We can help students find the best accommodation for every budget through our partner accommodation providers and homestay families...
English Language Exams

Find a course

Find the right course for you, using our course search faciliity
Fill in your details below and we’ll be in contact shortly