International Student Support
Studying in the UK as an international learner can be very exciting but also brings its own challenges. The CAVC International team is dedicated to providing support and guidance for all international and European students on arrival in the UK and throughout your studies.
The CAVC International Team can support you with:
- Before your arrival guidance
- Accommodation options & Airport Collection
- Planning your travel to CAVC
- Setting up a UK bank account
- Registering with medical & dental health care providers
- Student visa advice and guidance
- 1:1 digital drop-ins/appointments for students already in the UK and those currently applying for visas. We can also meet students on-campus if you really need to see us in person.
- Covid-19 immigration information and other key information for international students
- Providing proof of student status documentation
- General Support & signposting to CAVC Student Services and Facilities
Cost of Living in Cardiff
Cardiff is one of the most affordable cities in the UK. The Welsh Capital came first in the 2019 Natwest Student Living Index as the most cost-effective student city in the UK. The Index was based on student income, monthly expenditure and life balance.
Estimated living costs with CAVC Accommodation partners*:
|Rent||GBP 400 – 450|
|Social ||GBP 120.00 |
|Travel ||GBP 50 |
*Actual living costs will vary from student to student.
Please note: all living costs quoted are reasonable estimates but should not be relied upon. It is your responsibility to ensure you have sufficient funds to meet living costs while studying at CAVC. Also these figures represent the average cost of living in Cardiff. Students who are on a budget can live on less if they wish to do so.
The minimum cost of living as recommended by UKVI for studying outside London is £1,015 per month. To pass the maintenance test for your student visa, you will have to show you have money for the cost of your first year tuition fees and living costs of £9,135.