About this course
This course will suit anyone who is interested in a career in Engineering.
The course develops your knowledge and practical skills which can lead to a career in Electrical, Mechanical, Maintenance, Building Services or Design Engineering.
What you will study
On this course you will study:
- Hydraulics and Pneumatics
- Electrical Installation
- 2D CAD
- Mechanical Engineering
- Mechanical/electrical workshop practice
Course fee per year
Registration Fee Payable on Enrolment: £30.00
5 GCSEs Grade A* - C to include Maths A* - B. A suitable Level 2 Engineering or equivalent qualification would be desirable (not essential).
Teaching and assessment
- Written and practical assignments and portfolio
- The College welcomes contact with parents/guardians of students who are under 18
- Additional support is available for students with learning difficulties and disabilities
- Cardiff and Vale College is committed to inclusion and values diversity. We are determined to promote equality of opportunity and to treat everyone fairly and with respect
- Cardiff and Vale College reserves the right to make changes to this course without prior notice
- All courses are accurate at the time of upload or print
- Courses can only run if there are sufficient numbers
- Please note, if you choose three or more course choices, then you may be referred for a careers appointment first. This does not apply to A Level or GCSE choices.
Time of day
Throughout my time at CAVC I used a range of equipment, including; soldering irons, oscilloscopes and power supplies. I believe combining the academic and practical skills that I have gained at college will fuse my product design and electronic skills together ahead of university.
Need to know