About this course
The EDEXCEL Level 3 Business Certificate and BTEC Diploma Business course is a practical, work related qualification. This course is equivalent to two A Levels. Students learn by completing projects and assignments that are based upon realistic workplace situations, activities and demands.
What you will study
The EDXCEL Levels 3 Extended Certificate is studied in the first year and is made up of 4 units:
- Exploring Business
- Developing a Marketing Plan
- Personal and Business Finance
- Plus 1 optional unit.
Successful completion of Year 1 will lead to a transfer to the EDEXCEL Level 3 Diploma in the second year and the study of a further 4 units.
In addition, students will undertake: Essential Skills Wales Level 2 in Literacy and Numeracy.
When you have chosen your course, we highly recommend you register to the Career Ready programme. This is a programme that runs alongside your course to ensure a transformational journey, and it will help you to enter the world of work or university with confidence, skills and professional networks, which are needed to fulfil your potential.
We will provide you with a mentor, workplace visits, master classes and work based experiences, which may include an internship. All of which will build on your studies, to help you develop the skills and confidence needed to succeed in your future careers.
Course fee per year
Registration Fee Payable on Enrolment: £30.00
4 GCSEs Grades A* - C including English Language and Maths (or equivalent) or Business Level 2 qualification with GCSEs Grades A* - C in English Language and Maths (or equivalent). International students will require an IELTS score of 5.5 or above.
Teaching and assessment
- Regular assignments and written exams
- The College welcomes contact with parents/guardians of students who are under 18
- Additional support is available for students with learning difficulties and disabilities
- Cardiff and Vale College is committed to inclusion and values diversity. We are determined to promote equality of opportunity and to treat everyone fairly and with respect
- Cardiff and Vale College reserves the right to make changes to this course without prior notice
- All courses are accurate at the time of upload or print
- Courses can only run if there are sufficient numbers
- Please note, if you choose three or more course choices, then you may be referred for a careers appointment first. This does not apply to A Level or GCSE choices.
Time of day
I then joined Career Ready, another programme focusing on being ready for the world of work. Through Career Ready I gained an internship with Santander which was an amazing experience and I had the opportunity to go to London and network. Both Trading Places and Career Ready have been influential throughout my learning at CAVC.
I have really enjoyed studying business at the new campus over the past year, there are always events going on and it’s been really good. To prospective students I would say go with your instincts; if you know you are interested go with it.
Need to know