About this course
If you are keen to pursue an exciting career in the music industry, our Level 3 Diploma in Music Performance is a great place to start! This course is aimed specifically at the performing musician and is taught at our City Centre Campus. This course will focus on four main topics, which include:
- Music Skills Development
- The Music Industry
- Personal Music Profile
- Collaborative Music Project
What you will study
Learners can also expect to gain in depth knowledge and understanding of group performances and the rehearsal process, event planning and understanding how the music industry works, all whilst developing skills in theory, composition and listening skills.
During the course, you will study a wide range of modules including:
- Music Performance Techniques & Session Styles
- The Sound & Music Industry
- Music and Society
- Composing Music
- Music Theory, Harmony and Listening Skills
- Solo Music Performance Skills
- Working & Developing as a Musical Ensemble
Many students go on to study at a University of their choice or take advantage of CAVC’s Foundation Degree in Music which offers a stepping stone into Higher Education.
Course fee per year
Registration Fee Payable on Enrolment: £30.00
Studio Fees: £65.00
5 GCSEs A* - C including English Language or Maths or a Level 2 Diploma in this discipline at pass grade or higher. Music students will be required to attend an audition.
Teaching and assessment
- Continuous assessments and coursework assessment including practical assessments
- The College welcomes contact with parents/guardians of students who are under 18
- Additional support is available for students with learning difficulties and disabilities
- Cardiff and Vale College is committed to inclusion and values diversity. We are determined to promote equality of opportunity and to treat everyone fairly and with respect
- Cardiff and Vale College reserves the right to make changes to this course without prior notice
- All courses are accurate at the time of upload or print
- Courses can only run if there are sufficient numbers
- Please note, if you choose three or more course choices, then you may be referred for a careers appointment first. This does not apply to A Level or GCSE choices.
Time of day
I really want to be a producer but this course has opened up other options in music for me – one of those being events management which is what I’m leaning towards now. I’d say to anyone thinking about being a part of the music programme to give it a go, there’s so much more to it than you think and I’m learning something new every day. You don’t have to be a performer to enjoy it.
Need to know