About this course
If you are keen to pursue an exciting career in the music industry, our BTEC Diploma in Popular Music is a great place to start! Taught at our City Centre Campus, this course will focus on three main topics, which include:
- Performance Techniques
- The Sound and Music Industry
- Music Theory and Harmony
Learners can also expect to gain in depth knowledge and understanding of group performances and the rehearsal process, organising concerts in the local area and how the music industry works, whilst developing skills in theory and aural perception.
What you will study
During the course, you will study a wide range of modules including:
- Music Performance Techniques
- The Sound & Music Industry
- Aural Perception Skills
- Composing Music
- Music Theory & Harmony
- Solo Music Perfornance Skills
- Working & Developing as a Musical Ensemble
Course fee per year
Registration Fee Payable on Enrolment: £30.00
Studio Fees: £65.00
5 GCSEs A* - C including English Language or Maths or a Level 2 Diploma in this discipline at pass grade or higher. Music students will be required to attend an audition.
Teaching and assessment
- Continuous assessments and coursework assessment including practical assessments
- The College welcomes contact with parents/guardians of students who are under 18
- Additional support is available for students with learning difficulties and disabilities
- Cardiff and Vale College is committed to inclusion and values diversity. We are determined to promote equality of opportunity and to treat everyone fairly and with respect
- Cardiff and Vale College reserves the right to make changes to this course without prior notice
- All courses are accurate at the time of upload or print
- Courses can only run if there are sufficient numbers
- Please note, if you choose three or more course choices, then you may be referred for a careers appointment first. This does not apply to A Level or GCSE choices.
Time of day
I love that college wasn't too laid back but not too serious. I was looking forward to coming into college no matter how early I had to wake up. I just want to keep learning.
Need to know