About this course
If you are keen to pursue an exciting career in the music industry, our 90 Credit Diploma in Performing Arts is a great place to start! Taught at our City Centre Campus, this course offers learners the chance to study for a nationally recognised Performing Arts qualification, which will develop the many skills required for performance in the medium of theatre and TV. As part of the programme, all students will study the Welsh Baccalaureate, Key Skills and be entered for accreditation. The Welsh Baccalaureate and Key Skills are extremely important in developing transferable skills for life in general, and the points gained through the accreditation are recognised by Higher Education institutions.
What you will study
During the course, you will study a wide range of units including:
- Performance Workshop
- Performing Arts in Context
- Film and TV Acting
- The Performing Arts Business
- Classical/Contemporary Theatre Performance
- Drama Improvisation
- Physical Theatre
Once this qualification is achieved, you can top up the Diploma to an Extended Diploma with an extra year of study. The course is equivalent to 2 or 3 A levels and can provide enough UCAS points to progress onto University.
Course fee per year
Registration Fee Payable on Enrolment: £30.00
Studio Fees: £65.00
5 GCSEs A* - C including English Language or Maths or a Level 2 Diploma in this discipline at Pass grade or higher. Performing Arts students will be expected to undertake an audition.
Teaching and assessment
- Continuous assessment including regular assignments and practical assessment
- The College welcomes contact with parents/guardians of students who are under 18
- Additional support is available for students with learning difficulties and disabilities
- Cardiff and Vale College is committed to inclusion and values diversity. We are determined to promote equality of opportunity and to treat everyone fairly and with respect
- Cardiff and Vale College reserves the right to make changes to this course without prior notice
- All courses are accurate at the time of upload or print
- Courses can only run if there are sufficient numbers
- Please note, if you choose three or more course choices, then you may be referred for a careers appointment first. This does not apply to A Level or GCSE choices.
Time of day
My highlight so far was the physical theatre performance, it took a good 4/5 months to perfect it. It is really different from reading a script. I had a laugh with it and my friends enjoyed it as well. The tutors are really, really helpful and are always pushing you to be the best you can be.