About this course
Our 90 Credit Diploma in Fashion Design course is perfect for individuals keen to develop a strong foundation of understanding in the fashion industry. Based at our City Centre campus in Cardiff, this programme will offer students a range of practical subjects within Fashion & Textiles including:
- Fashion Illustration
- Life Drawing
- Pattern Cutting and Construction
- 3D Textiles and Fashion Design
- Art History
During the second year of the course, students will have the flexibility of designing their own project exploring an area of their choice.
This course has been specifically designed to develop each individual's skills and knowledge of the sector, whilst helping them find their chosen specialism and possible career path. All learning will take place in the College's fantastic, dedicated studios and multimedia suites.
What you will study
There are 18 modules in this Diploma, of which 8 provide a grounding in skills required for the entire course. The remaining 10 specialist units are designed to give students a broad portfolio for career progression.
This course is studied over two years and carries UCAS points.
Course fee per year
Registration Fee Payable on Enrolment: £30.00
Studio Fees: £65.00
5 GCSEs A* - C including English Language or Maths or a Level 2 Diploma in this discipline at Pass grade or higher. You must provide a portfolio of work during your interview.
Teaching and assessment
- Continuous assessment and regular assignments
- The College welcomes contact with parents/guardians of students who are under 18
- Additional support is available for students with learning difficulties and disabilities
- Cardiff and Vale College is committed to inclusion and values diversity. We are determined to promote equality of opportunity and to treat everyone fairly and with respect
- Cardiff and Vale College reserves the right to make changes to this course without prior notice
- All courses are accurate at the time of upload or print
- Courses can only run if there are sufficient numbers
- Please note, if you choose three or more course choices, then you may be referred for a careers appointment first. This does not apply to A Level or GCSE choices.
Time of day
Everyone is really friendly and the learning experience has been great - the tutors are always supportive. I'd recommend going to College as it's a great route into university or work. I'm lucky enough to be studying a course I really enjoy and that's the most important thing.