About this course
The Level 3 Diploma and Extended Diploma in Creative Media Production & Technology are designed to provide students with the knowledge, skills and understanding necessary to access and progress to degree level study or employment in the media sector. They provide an opportunity for those who have an interest in media to explore, develop and test their creativity within a qualification structure that is stimulating and demanding and provides a supportive transition from general to more specialised study.
What you will study
You will study a range of different media production techniques from a multi-camera studio-based production to short film production, digital video editing techniques, research techniques, critical and contextual awareness and industry structure and career opportunities within the sector.
Course fee per year
Registration Fee Payable on Enrolment: £30.00
Studio Fees: £65.00
5 GCSEs A* - C including English Language or Maths or a Level 2 Diploma in this discipline at Pass grade or higher. You must attend an interview.
Teaching and assessment
Assessment is entirely project based. Students will prepare a portfolio of evidence that will be submitted at key stages throughout the year. Summative assessment takes place at the completion of each project. Formative assessment and feedback are continual. Students are awarded a pass grade only for units 1-7 and their final summative grade for the year will be based on the work completed for Unit 8 – Individual Project. This will be graded Pass/Merit/Distinction/Distinction*
- The College welcomes contact with parents/guardians of students who are under 18
- Additional support is available for students with learning difficulties and disabilities
- Cardiff and Vale College is committed to inclusion and values diversity. We are determined to promote equality of opportunity and to treat everyone fairly and with respect
- Cardiff and Vale College reserves the right to make changes to this course without prior notice
- All courses are accurate at the time of upload or print
- Courses can only run if there are sufficient numbers
- Please note, if you choose three or more course choices, then you may be referred for a careers appointment first. This does not apply to A Level or GCSE choices.
Time of day
I started studying A Levels and just did not get on with them. I eventually decided to pursue my creative interests and start a Creative Media course. It has been really hands on, practical and turned out to be something I really enjoyed doing. My tutors have been amazing and have always encouraged me to do well. The first year of the course gave me a huge confidence boost and that has allowed me to progress onto the Foundation Degree Film course that I am studying now. Everyone is so enthusiastic and that really supports your learning environment.
Need to know