Cambridge English Language Exams
Cambridge ESOL Exams
As Cardiff’s only Cambridge English Exam Centre, we are authorised to run Cambridge English examinations. Cambridge English examinations are suitable for learners of all nationalities, whatever their first language and cultural background and there are examinations suitable for learners for almost any age. Although they are designed for native speakers of languages other than English, no language related restrictions apply. You do not need to be studying on a course to apply for an exam through the Exam Centre. However, for students who would like some extra practice, we offer exam preparation courses.
Examinations on offer at Cardiff and Vale College International are at the following levels:
- KET (Key English Test) – is Cambridge ESOL’s exam which examines ability to deal with written and spoken English at a basic level.
- PET (Preliminary English Test) – is an exam for people who can use everyday written and spoke English at an intermediate level.
- FCE (First Certificate in English) – this exam is ideal for people who want to use English for work or study purposes. It is an exam for people who can use everyday written and spoken English at an upper-intermediate level.
- CAE (Certificate in Advanced English) – is an exam for advanced users of English. This exam is aimed at people who can use written and spoken English for most professional and social purposes.
- CPE (Certificate of Proficiency in English) – is Cambridge ESOL’s most advanced exam. It is aimed at people who use English for professional or study purposes.
What our English language students say
"I realised I wanted to improve my level of English so I decided to come here with two friends from Spain. The City is full of young people. I go everywhere by bike and I really like the City"
"Cardiff and Vale College International is accredited by the British Council for teaching English"
"Strengths were noted in the areas of staff management, quality assurance, learning resources, academic staff profile, course design, learner management, teaching, care of students and leisure opportunities.”