Visas and Immigration

Our dedicated Cardiff and Vale College International team can help you with your visas and immigration processes

Applying for a Visa

It is really important that you do your research thoroughly and to ensure that you can meet all the visa requirements. The more you learn about the visa process the more likely it is that you will have a successful application.

Before you make your application, you can find up to date Visa information on the UKCISA website. The UK Council for International Student Affairs (UKCISA) is the UK's national advisory body serving the interests of international students.

International students from outside the EU will require a visa to study at CAVC, please see below the type of visa required.

Short Term Study Visa

Students studying with CAVC for up to 6 months will need to obtain a Short Term Study Visa. 

Students studying English with CAVC for between 6 and 11 months will need to obtain an Extended Short Term Study Visa.

Tier 4 (General) Student Visa

Students studying any course other than English with CAVC for longer than 6 months will need a Tier 4 (General) Student Visa. The course must be at Level 3 or above. 

Need to know

How to apply

Find out more about the application process
Eclipse Student Accommodation Cardiff


We can help Students find accommodation for their stay in Cardiff including Homestay, Halls of Residence and Private Accommodation
English Language Exams

Find a course

Find the right course for you, using our course search faciliity
Fill in your details below and we’ll be in contact shortly