About this course
Keen to develop your skills and understanding of Business? Then our EDEXCEL Level 3 BTEC Foundation Diploma in Business and BTEC Extended Diploma in Business is the perfect choice for you! Based at our City Centre campus in Cardiff, students will achieve a practical, work related qualification, which is the equivalent to three A Levels. Studying in the College's dedicated classrooms and facilities, pupils will learn by completing projects and assignments that are based upon realistic, workplace situations, activities and demands.
What you will study
The EDEXCEL Level 3 Foundation Diploma is studied in the first year and is made up of 6 units:
1. Exploring Business
2. Developing a Marketing Plan
3. Personal and Business Finance
4. Managing an Event
Plus 2 Optional Units.
Successful completion of Year 1 will lead to a transfer to the EDEXCEL Level 3 Extended Diploma in the second year and the study of a further 7 units.
In addition, students will undertake Essential Skills Wales Level 2 in Literacy and Numeracy.
When you have chosen your course, we highly recommend you register to the Career Ready programme. This is a programme that runs alongside your course to ensure a transformational journey, and it will help you to enter the world of work or university with confidence, skills and professional networks, which are needed to fulfil your potential.
We will provide you with a mentor, workplace visits, master classes and work based experiences, which may include an internship. All of which will build on your studies, to help you develop the skills and confidence needed to succeed in your future careers.
Course fee per year
Registration Fee Payable on Enrolment: £30.00
5 GCSEs Grades A* - C including English Language and Maths (or equivalent) or Business Level 2 qualification with GCSEs Grades A* - C in English Language and Maths (or equivalent). International students will require an IELTS score of 5.5 or above.
Teaching and assessment
- Regular assignments and written exams
- The College welcomes contact with parents/guardians of students who are under 18
- Additional support is available for students with learning difficulties and disabilities
- Cardiff and Vale College is committed to inclusion and values diversity. We are determined to promote equality of opportunity and to treat everyone fairly and with respect
- Cardiff and Vale College reserves the right to make changes to this course without prior notice
- All courses are accurate at the time of upload or print
- Courses can only run if there are sufficient numbers
- Please note, if you choose three or more course choices, then you may be referred for a careers appointment first. This does not apply to A Level or GCSE choices.
Time of day
Level 3 has been a big jump from Level 2 but the tutors have been great in supporting me with that transition. The campus is really cool and it doesn’t feel like a college at all. It’s a really useful place to study. There’s so many things to learn on the course, about business and taxes, there’s also great career opportunities at the end of it. I’ve had an amazing time so far.
Need to know