General English for International Students
About this course
These are General English courses for European and International students who are working towards improving their level of English.
New students will have an interview prior to being offered a place on a course at Cardiff and Vale College International. This interview can be in person or via Skype for students out of the country. It will include consideration and discussion of your written statement and a spoken interview. If necessary, you may be asked to complete a computerised multiple choice test and an additional piece of writing.
What you will study
- Full-time tuition with experienced and qualified tutors using subject-specific books and authentic materials (paper-based and electronic)
- A course book and use of the College's Moodle site
- Continuous assessment through process tests and written assignments
- Regular tutorial time to discuss your progress
- Guided self-study time
- Full use of the College's academic and social facilities.
Applicants would benefit from achieving 3 GCSEs Grades D-F. Alternatively, applicants will be considered based on interview and a satisfactory skills scan, with a desire and commitment to complete the course they would wish to study.