About this course
Our Extended Diploma in Children's Care, Learning & Development course is aimed at students who have successfully achieved the CCLD Level 3 Diploma. Based at our City Centre campus in Cardiff, this programme builds on and extends the learning gained throughout the CCLD Level 3, providing pupils with the necessary UCAS points to apply to H.E. (a maximum of 420 points).
What you will study
There are 16 units which include:
- Personal Development
- Child and Young Person Development
- Professional Practice
- Promote Learning
Learners will also complete 3 external assessments based around the care, learning and development of children and young people.
Note: 700 hours of placement will have already been completed in the CCLD Level 3, with a further 50 hours placement to be gained on the extended diploma.
Course fee per year
Registration Fee Payable on Enrolment: £30.00
CCLD Level 3 CACHE Diploma plus GCSE English Grade A* - C. Maths preferred at A* - D.
Teaching and assessment
- Written assignments and work based assessment
- The College welcomes contact with parents/guardians of students who are under 18
- Additional support is available for students with learning difficulties and disabilities
- Cardiff and Vale College is committed to inclusion and values diversity. We are determined to promote equality of opportunity and to treat everyone fairly and with respect
- Cardiff and Vale College reserves the right to make changes to this course without prior notice
- All courses are accurate at the time of upload or print
- Courses can only run if there are sufficient numbers
- Please note, if you choose three or more course choices, then you may be referred for a careers appointment first. This does not apply to A Level or GCSE choices.
Time of day
I feel a lot more independent than at school. I find there is a lot more support here. Through doing this course I will be able to work in a school. All my teachers are really lovely, they are all supportive and understanding.
Need to know