About this course
Keen to develop your talent in art, design or multimedia and train for a career in the creative industries? You've come to the right place!
This WJEC Foundation Studies Diploma in Art and Design aims to introduce you to the broad range of opportunities in art and design. You will gain a Level 3/4 qualification which will have an impact on UCAS points and applications to HE Colleges. During the year you will build up your portfolio of work to prepare you for progression on to University and you will be able to experiment with a range of media to further your skills and help you decide the right choice of art and design degree.
Anticipating that you will have gained some prior art and design learning you will need to be 18+ years of age to apply for the course.
What you will study
Topics can include:
- Drawing / Life Drawing
- Colour Theory
- Fine Art
- Graphic Design
- 3D Design
- Textiles / Fashion
- Contextual Studies
- Portfolio Preparation
Course fee per year
Registration Fee Payable on Enrolment: £30.00
Studio Fees: £65.00
5 GCSEs A* - C including English Language or Maths or successful completion of BTEC Diploma in Art and Design. You must provide a portfolio of work during your interview. This course is for adult learners age 18 and over.
Teaching and assessment
- Coursework including practical assessments and portfolio assignments
- The College welcomes contact with parents/guardians of students who are under 18
- Additional support is available for students with learning difficulties and disabilities
- Cardiff and Vale College is committed to inclusion and values diversity. We are determined to promote equality of opportunity and to treat everyone fairly and with respect
- Cardiff and Vale College reserves the right to make changes to this course without prior notice
- All courses are accurate at the time of upload or print
- Courses can only run if there are sufficient numbers
- Please note, if you choose three or more course choices, then you may be referred for a careers appointment first. This does not apply to A Level or GCSE choices.
Time of day
Everyone is really friendly and the learning experience has been great - the tutors are always supportive. I'd recommend going to College as it's a great route into university or work. I'm lucky enough to be studying a course I really enjoy and that's the most important thing.
Need to know