About this course
This is the first year of a two year Level 3 City and Guilds course. On successful completion of the second year you will achieve the Level 3 Extended Diploma in Travel and Tourism. This is a vocational course which will lead onto employment or some HE courses. Educational trips/work experience are offered as part of the course and have included destinations such as London, New York, Majorca and Edinburgh.
What you will study
On this course you will study modules in:
- Worldwide T & T Destinations (mandatory)
- Principles of Marketing for T & T
- Special Int Hols and Independent Travel
- Planning and Delivering Guided Tours
- Developing People in Travel and Tourism
- Tourism in the UK
This course consists of practical and written tasks and one online exam.
This is the first year of a two-year Level 3 C&G course. On successful completion of the second year you will achieve the Level 3 Extended Diploma in Travel and Tourism.
Course fee per year
Registration Fee Payable on Enrolment: £30.00
5 GCSE's A* - C including English Language and/or Maths (or equivalent) or Level 2 Diploma in same/similar area - Travel and Tourism
Teaching and assessment
- Continuous assignments including coursework and online skills tests
- The College welcomes contact with parents/guardians of students who are under 18
- Additional support is available for students with learning difficulties and disabilities
- Cardiff and Vale College is committed to inclusion and values diversity. We are determined to promote equality of opportunity and to treat everyone fairly and with respect
- Cardiff and Vale College reserves the right to make changes to this course without prior notice
- All courses are accurate at the time of upload or print
- Courses can only run if there are sufficient numbers
- Please note, if you choose three or more course choices, then you may be referred for a careers appointment first. This does not apply to A Level or GCSE choices.
Time of day
I chose CAVC because I knew that I wanted to study a course that would help me get to the future career and job that I aspire to and it was the best opportunity available to me. I enjoy working in a state-of-the-art campus right in the heart of Cardiff. I also enjoy just getting on with the work and being able to work towards what I want. There are several opportunities such as study visits that we can have along the way. The whole experience is just great!
The College has helped me with my future career as there is a lot of help available, there’s people I can speak to and programmes like the Career Ready programme. The tutors have got lots of experience in the workplace so they are able to help me.
I have just enjoyed the whole College experience overall. It’s a really pleasant environment and it is great for working. In terms of what’s next for me is I am keeping an open mind and I am open to any possibility. Ideally, I’d like to work in the rail industry but I am happy to take whatever opportunity comes my way.
Need to know