About this course
Our BTEC 90 Credit Diploma in Art, Craft and Design is a great course for individuals keen to pursue a career in the creative industry. This programme will allow students to try various media and techniques, with a view to specialising in a particular area later in the course. Successful candidates who achieve this qualification will also have the opportunity to top up their Diploma to an Extended Diploma with an extra year of study. This course is the equivalent of 2/3 A Levels and can provide enough UCAS points to progress onto University.
What you will study
On this course, students will study the following:
- Painting and Drawing
- Studio Skills
- 3D work/Jewellery making
- Essential skills - Application of Number or Communications
Course fee per year
Registration Fee Payable on Enrolment: £30.00
Studio Fees: £65.00
5 GCSEs A* - C including English Language or Maths or a Level 2 Diploma in this discipline at Pass grade or higher. You must provide a portfolio of work during your interview. 5 GCSEs A* - C including English Language or Maths or successful completion of a Level 2 Diploma at Pass grade or higher. You must attend an interview in this area - portfolio of work required at interview stage.
Teaching and assessment
- Continuous assessment including written assignments and practical assessments
- The College welcomes contact with parents/guardians of students who are under 18
- Additional support is available for students with learning difficulties and disabilities
- Cardiff and Vale College is committed to inclusion and values diversity. We are determined to promote equality of opportunity and to treat everyone fairly and with respect
- Cardiff and Vale College reserves the right to make changes to this course without prior notice
- All courses are accurate at the time of upload or print
- Courses can only run if there are sufficient numbers
- Please note, if you choose three or more course choices, then you may be referred for a careers appointment first. This does not apply to A Level or GCSE choices.
Everyone is really friendly and the learning experience has been great - the tutors are always supportive. I'd recommend going to College as it's a great route into university or work. I'm lucky enough to be studying a course I really enjoy and that's the most important thing.
Need to know